Has posted before (link), BizTalk Server uses a combination of Namespace + Root Node name to identify and resolve schemas references.
Therefore, is possible to have two schemas with the same namespace as long the root name designation is different, or the opposite, two schemas with the same root node and different namespace designation.
By default, BizTalk Schema editor put the namespace with the following structure:
- [SOLUTIONNAME] is the name of the project solution
- [SCHEMANAME] is the name of the schema
You can change the namespace by:
- Selecting <schema> node, right-click and select properties;
- Modify target namespace property
There are no standard naming for BizTalk namespaces, normally, companies adopted their own specification, however one well adopting structure namespace is:
My “standard” is a little different (more simple):
- And in some cases .[VERSION]
Tags: BizTalk | Schemas