When trying to deploy BAM activity: “C:\Program Files\Microsoft BizTalk Server 2009\Tracking>bm.exe deploy-all -DefinitionFile:BAMSample.xls”, you can get “Old format or invalid type library” error:
“Microsoft (R) Business Activity Monitoring Utility Version 3.8.368.0 Copyright (C) 2006 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Using ‘BAMPrimaryImport’ BAM Primary Import database on server ‘…’…
ERROR: Failed to open BAM Excel workbook file – ‘C:\Program Files\Microsoft BizTalk Server 2009\Tracking\MyBAMSample.xls’. Old format or invalid type library. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80028018 (TYPE_E_INVDATAREAD))”
- When you use a locale setting other than English (United States) while installing the English version of BizTalk Server, your deployment of the Bam.xls file generates an "fnGetString" or "Old format or invalid type library" error.
- Change the computer locale to English (United States) and re-run the bm deploy command at the command prompt.
- To change your computer locale to English (United States)
- Click Start, click Control Panel, and then click Regional and Language Options.
- In the Regional and Language Options dialog, on the Regional Options tab, choose the English (United States) locale from the drop down box, and click OK.
- To work around this problem, you can either install the Office Multilingual User Interface (MUI) pack which can be found on http://www.microsoft.com/ or change your locale to US-EN just for the duration of the deployment.
Tags: BizTalk | BAM | Deploy | Errors and Warnings, Causes and Solutions