When building BizTalk Project it gives the following error:
Unable to copy file "…\Pipeline Components\MyPipelineComponent.dll" to "bin\Debug\ MyPipelineComponent.dll". The process cannot access the file "bin\Debug\ MyPipelineComponent.dll" because it is being used by another process
More details in MSDN Forum, Thread Title: custom pipeline error
In the past I posted an article regarding to a similar problem:
- Visual Studio has a lock on the file in order to show the pipeline components in the toolbox.
- Some BizTalk process is running BizTalk host and have a lock on the file
These two errors have basically the same solution, and to solve them, you can try two approaches:
- Close Visual Studio and restart host instance to make sure the pipeline component
DLL get released.
- And then deploy pipeline component.
- Rename file (it is much faster).
- Restart host instance
- Deploy pipeline component
- And then delete old DLL’s
Tags: BizTalk | Pipeline | Deploy | Errors and Warnings, Causes and Solutions