Last couple of months I have written and edited a number of wiki articles for TechNet Wiki. The TechNet Wiki is a place, where content is generated by the community (like myself, Tord Glad Nordahl, Steef-Jan Wiggers, Howard S. Edidin, Saravana Kumar, Michael Stephenson, Dan Rosanova, Lex Hegt and many more) and Microsoft employees about Microsoft technologies and products for the community. Below you will find a list of my most recent wiki articles on BizTalk:
Contributions in English:
- BizTalk Server: List of Custom Adapters: There are a number of open source adapters that can aid you as BizTalk developer. These adapters are not the out of the box offered by BizTalk Server: BizTalk Server Adapter pack (that provides connectivity to SAP, Siebel, SQL and many more). This article is intended to be a knowledge base of all BizTalk open sources adapters that are available.
- BizTalk Server: List of Third-Party Adapters: Adapters for a BizTalk server represent the fundamental foundation by which interoperability between different IT systems is possible – they’re responsible for sending and receiving messages to and from the BizTalk server and different applications. There are a great post from Stephen W. Thomas that addresses this question: BizTalk Adapters: Buy, Build, or CodePlex.This article is intended to be a knowledge base of all Third-Party BizTalk adapters that are available.
- BizTalk Server: Transform text files (Flat Files) into XML: Transformations are one of the most common components in the integration processes. They act as essential translators in the decoupling between the different systems to connect. This article aims to help you understand the process of transforming a text file (also called Flat Files) in an XML document using BizTalk Server Flat File Schemas. This article intends to be an introductory note for whom is taking the first steps in this technology.
- Microsoft BizTalk Server seen by the programmer’s eyes: Much has been said already about the BizTalk Server platform, what it is, and the advantages offered to the organizations. For the more distracted ones, BizTalk Server is the Microsoft platform of excellence for the integration of systems and business processes. But what are the benefits that this platform offers to programmers (or developers)?
- BizTalk Server: BizTalk Mapper Patterns: This article will provide you with common mapper problems and solutions, i.e., some BizTalk Mapper Patterns specifying best practices and some of the best ways to address some of your needs within the context of message transformation and also to enhance your skills when using the BizTalk Server Mapper.
- Installing and configuring BizTalk Server 2010 in a Standalone machine: This guide describes the process for installing and configuring Microsoft BizTalk Server 2010 on a single computer (standalone machine) running Windows Server 2008 R2 . This information will help you plan the installation and configuration of BizTalk Server 2010, applications and components on which it depends.
Contributions in Portuguese:
- BizTalk Server – Transformar arquivos de texto (Flat Files) em XML: Normalmente associamos as transformações de documentos aos mapas de BizTalk, mas a realidade é que existem dois tipos de transformações: as de estrutura (semântica) e as de representação (sintaxe). Estas últimas tipicamente ocorrem à entrada ou saída do BizTalk Server. Este artigo tem como objectivo ajudá-lo a compreender o processo de transformação de arquivos de texto (também chamados de Flat Files) num documento XML, bem como na validação da informação neles contida.
Feel free to edit, change and add content! And I hope you will find these articles useful.
MSDN Code Gallery (now Developer Code Samples) is your destination for downloading sample applications and code snippets, as well as sharing your own resources. Below you will find a list of my most recent Code Gallery project on BizTalk and Windows Azure Service Bus EAI & EDI:
- BizTalk Mapper Extensions UtilityPack for BizTalk Server 2010: BizTalk Mapper Extensions UtilityPack is a set of libraries with several useful functoids to include and use it in a map, which will provide an extension of BizTalk Mapper capabilities. This project has been updated for the last time on November 5, 2012.
- BizTalk MapperExtensions Functoid Wizard: This is a Custom Functoid Project Wizard for Visual Studio 2010. It allows you to create new Functoids project for BizTalk Server 2010 without having to create manually the project, in other words, having to manually create.
- Multi-Part Message Attachments Zipper Pipeline Component for BizTalk 2006/2009: s a pipeline component for BizTalk Server 2006/2006 R2/2009 which can be used in a send pipeline and is intended to replace all attachments of a multi-part message for its zipped equivalent.
- BizTalk Multi-part Message Attachments Zipper Pipeline Component: The BizTalk Multipart Message Attachments Zipper is a pipeline component for BizTalk Server 2010 which can be used in a send pipeline and is intended to replace all attachments of a multi-part message for its zipped equivalent.
- BizTalk Server – Transform text files (Flat Files) into XML: Transformations act as essential translators in the decoupling between the different systems to connect. This article aims to help you understand the process of transforming a text file (also called Flat Files) in an XML document using BizTalk Server Flat File Schemas.
- BizTalk Mapper Patterns: How to Map Hierarchical Schema to a Name Value Pair: In this new mapping pattern I want to show you how can you transform an hierarchical schema into a Name/Value Pair record.
- BizTalk Mapper Patterns: How to Map Name Value Pair to a Hierarchical Schema: In this new mapping pattern I want to show you how can you transform an Name/Value Pair recordinto a hierarchical schema.
- Calling an external assembly from Custom XSLT in BizTalk Server 2010 Maps: So is usual in complex maps to have scripting functoid with custom inline XSLT, and sometimes is useful to call custom .Net components directly from XSLT.
- EAI Bridge Message Sender and Queue Message Receive: EAI Bridge Message Sender and Queue Message Receive bringing together these two console application tools: MessageReceiver and MessageSender in as single Windows Form Application easily and fast to use and where we store our default values.
- Item Template for Visual Studio 2010: Custom BizTalk Functoid: The New Functoid Class item template for Visual Studio 2010 allows you to create new Functoids for BizTalk Server 2010 without having to code the entire class and therefore allowing you to focus on what really matters, the functoid behavior.
- BizTalk Server 2010 logo in vector format: This is a collection of 4 different image formats of BizTalk Server 2010 logotype, two of them are available in vector format that will allow you to use and resize without losing quality.
- Pre-allocate space and define auto-growth settings for BizTalk Server databases: Auto growth setting plays an important role in BizTalk configuration for performance reasons, why? SQL Server database auto-growth is a blocking operation which hinders BizTalk Server database performance. When SQL Server increases the size of a file, it must first initialize the new space before it can be used. This is a blocking operation that involves filling the new space with empty pages.
- BizTalk Mapper: Custom Extension XML property fix with PowerShell (BizTalk 2010): BizTalk Server 2010/Visual Studio 2010 have an issue with this functionality: Visual Studio doesn’t persist the path of Custom Extension XML property in the .BTM file. This PowerShell script, associated with the Pre-build actions of Visual Studio project, will allow resolving this issue automatically.
- Monitoring disk spaces in your BizTalk environment with PowerShell: With this script you can be able to monitoring disk spaces in your environment (BizTalk/SQL/Other machines) using PowerShell.
- Monitoring SQL Agent Jobs in your BizTalk environment with PowerShell: The script will monitor the JQL Agent Jobs in all machines and you will receive an email with a list of all jobs listed that have problems and need your atention. SQL Jobs that are functioning properly will not be listed.
I hope you will find these contributions useful.