I’m delighted to pre-announce that BizTalk innovation Event is coming to Portugal! The event is called “Oporto BizTalk Innovation Day” and will take place in Oporto, Portugal on Thursday 14 March, 2013.
This is the first time in Portugal (also on Iberia) that we are conducting a full day event dedicated to Microsoft BizTalk Server.
As you may already know BizTalk Innovation Day is a one-day event focused purely on Microsoft BizTalk Server related topics that has been conducted in several major European cities since Feb 2011: Amsterdam (Netherland), Milan (Italy), and Stavanger (Norway). The last event took place in London and it was a huge success! It was fully sold out with 130 attendees from 16 different countries.
We’re still finalizing all the arrangements for the final venue, but can share that it will be in the historic center of Oporto (Ribeira) and it will be an excellent opportunity for visiting one of the trendiest cities in Europe this year (more on this latter).
But here’s a glimpse that you can expect:
- Steef-Jan Wiggers talking about “BizTalk Server 2013: Cloud based adapters”. BizTalk 2013 will feature some new adapters, which are targeted for integration with the cloud. You will learn the characteristics of the WCF-BasicHttpRelay, WCF-TcpNetRelay, SB-Messaging and WCF-WebHttp adapter and how each can be applied in various use cases. These adapters will bring the cloud closer to on-premise systems.
- Steef-Jan is an IT architect/Consultant at motion10 with over 14 years of experience as a technical lead developer and application architect, specializing in custom applications, enterprise application integration (BizTalk), Web services and Windows Azure. He has experience in architecting, designing, developing, and supporting sophisticated and innovative software using many different Microsoft technologies and products. Steef-Jan is very active in the BizTalk community as a blogger, Wiki author/editor, forums moderator, and public speaker. He is a published author (BizTalk Server 2010 Cookbook) and Microsoft Integration MVP. He has received the Microsoft Most Valuable Professional (MVP) award for his contributions to the world-wide BizTalk Server community in 2010. He was re-awarded his MVP status in July 2011 and 2012.
- Nino Crudele talking about “BizTalk assessment and architecture review, strategies, methods and troubleshooting“. Exist many kind of requests in a BizTalk solution, troubleshooting, assessment and architecture review. With BizTalk Server is possible to develop the same solution in many different ways, some of these are the best other no. Make an assessment or solve a problem quickly implies a good and long experience in many types of solutions and situations in the field and there are many different technologies in order to be considered. There are many aspects to be considered and many things to inspect in order.
- Nino Crudele has been a BizTalk MVP for 5 years. Besides that he is also a Virtual Technology Specialist for BizTalk Server, a role in which he works closely with Microsoft Italy. He enjoys this role as it enables him to work with many different clients seeing BizTalk in different scenarios from a technical point of view, size, and criticality. Nino has worked with most of the BizTalk accelerators, Rosettanet, HL7, SWIFT and has done some big projects on EDI and RFID. In the past he also had the opportunity to be part of a big integration project with a major Italian enterprise organization that integrates many technologies like SAP, AS400, TIBCO and others using BizTalk.
- Saravana Kumar talking about “Monitoring and Management of BizTalk environments using BizTalk360”. Organizations face various challenges on operations and monitoring of their BizTalk infrastructure and applications. BizTalk360 is designed to address most of the challenges. In this presentation, Saravana will go through the various pain points’ organizations face and how you can tackle it with BizTalk360.
- Saravana Kumar is the Founder and CTO of BizTalk360, enterprise software that helps Microsoft BizTalk server customers better manage their production or any controlled BizTalk environments. Saravana Kumar is a Microsoft BizTalk server MVP since 2007, blogger, international speaker and active community member in BizTalk Server area. In year 2005, he won the worldwide developer competition conducted by Microsoft for building SQL Server Service Broker Management studio. Saravana has spent the majority of his career working with organizations in UK helping them build their enterprise software solutions. Prior to BizTalk360, he worked for past 5 years helping Fidelity UK built their SOA/BPM platform using Microsoft BizTalk Server. In the past Saravana has worked for some of the big consulting companies like Accenture, NHS, Microsoft, BT, Unilog (now Logica) etc. as an independent consultant.
- Tord Glad Nordahl talking about “Proactivity in BizTalk”. BizTalk is the leading integration platform, in order for the enterprise to maintain a stable environment proactivity is important. There are many things to be aware of in BizTalk, and it’s one thing to solve problems that occur, however it’s even more important to be proactive to maintain the stability and high availability that BizTalk brings. This presentation will dig into counters, database and best practices when it comes to proactivity in BizTalk.
- Tord Glad Nordahl is a BizTalk Administration Expert for Bouvet ASA, over 5 years’ experience with BizTalk. His passion for operation and administration have ended up with a BizTalk Admin Deep Dive course. You can follow his contribution to the community through his blog (www.biztalkadmin.com), TechNet Wiki, TechNet Wiki Blog and the MSDN Forums. Tord was the first BizTalk Administrator to receive the Microsoft Integration MVP award (2013).
I’ll probably be presenting a session too, but for now I will keep it secret , stay tuned for more information soon!
This event is will be fully taught in English, and with low cost airfares and reasonable hotel prices, we will make sure this will be an very attractive proposition for anyone living in Western Europe. Please take a minute to see this small video about the Port Wine region ;):
Porto Airport, otherwise known as Fracisco Sá Carneiro Airport, is located 10Km North of Porto, on the North West coast of Portugal. There is a Metro connecting the airport to Porto, journey times to various city locations 25-35 minutes at a cost of approximately 2 Euros. There are also regular bus services to the city, the surrounding area, or north to Vigo in Spain. Bus fare to the city approximately 2 Euros, and 12 Euros to Vigo.
Here are some of the estimated flight times from some of the cities with direct flights to Oporto Airport:
|Madrid||1 hours, 6 minutes|
|Toulouse||1 hours, 39 minutes|
|Nantes||1 hours, 40 minutes|
|Barcelona||1 hours, 43 minutes|
|Valencia||1 hours, 53 minutes|
|Tours||1 hours, 55 minutes|
|Bordeaux||1 hours, 59 minutes|
|Dole||2 hours, 4 minutes|
|Geneva||2 hours, 5 minutes|
|London||2 hours, 5 minutes|
|St Etienne||2 hours, 12 minutes|
|Paris||2 hours, 14 minutes|
|Marseille||2 hours, 15 minutes|
|Lyon||2 hours, 17 minutes|
|Brussels||2 hours, 19 minutes|
|Basel||2 hours, 20 minutes|
|Luxembourg||2 hours, 22 minutes|
|Milan||2 hours, 24 minutes|
|Zurich||2 hours, 25 minutes|
|Eindhoven||2 hours, 29 minutes|
|Karlsruhe||2 hours, 31 minutes|
|Dusseldorf||2 hours, 31 minutes|
|Amsterdam||2 hours, 33 minutes|
|Memmingen||2 hours, 35 minutes|
|Frankfurt||2 hours, 35 minutes|
|Rome||2 hours, 43 minutes|
|Munich||2 hours, 44 minutes|
|Bremen||2 hours, 53 minutes|
If you want more information about the event you can send me an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Call to Action: Add the dates to your calendar now!