The product team doesn’t stop surprising in these last two months! After announcing a month ago the latest version of the product: BizTalk Server 2013 and many new features and improvements available is this version… they left another surprise well kept!
The product team just announced today the release of the first cumulative update that will resolve three small problems/issues:
- FIX: User cannot perform certain database-related operations in BizTalk Server 2013
- FIX: BAM tools cannot be configured in a multi-node BizTalk Server 2013 environment
- FIX: The vertical scroll bar on the target schema does not work correctly when you use Visual Studio to design a BizTalk Server 2013 map
But the biggest surprise/news and for me a great improvement, especially for BizTalk Administrators is that BizTalk Server 2013 will delivering CU using Microsoft Update for the first time!!
In my personal opinion this is an amazing improvement, because I normally find the BizTalk platforms outdated (without the latest CU) when I performing consulting in my clients. And this happens because they normally are unaware that Microsoft release new CU and usually complain of this problem: hard to find informations and the need to request the hotfixs, to justify why they don’t have installed the latest updates… well the excuses are over!
Of course the hotfix will also be available through the hotfix download as well.
Process to install Microsoft Updates (“Cumulative updates”) for BizTalk Server 2013
You need to perform the following steps to install BizTalk Server updates:
- Log into a server where BizTalk Server is already installed, and Microsoft Update is enabled
- Check for windows update
- Notice available fixes for BizTalk Server under optional updates
- Select the update and install
- Update need to be enabled in the machine where BizTalk Server is installed
- You need to Perform the above operations in each of the BizTalk nodes
See the public announce here: BizTalk Server 2013 updates are now available on Microsoft Update