I have been receiving a few requests to release a new version of BizTalk Scheduled Task Adapter for BizTalk Server 2013. Actually I am planning a new version of this adapter, of course probably will be optimized for BizTalk Server 2013, but in reality this will not be the main focus.
BizTalk Scheduled Task Adapter Feature Roadmap
Here’s what you can expect to see in BizTalk Scheduled Task Adapter in the next few months:
- Bring 1 or 2 really new features like JSON or REST support
- Improve the existing features by solving some minor problems
- Side-by-side installation
- Improve documentation
But before I begin to develop a new version, I decided to perform a “battery of tests” with the current version of this adapter in order to know if there was any problem or if it was fully compatibility with latest platforms of Microsoft: BizTalk Server 2013, SQL Server 2012 and Windows Server 2012.
The good news is that for now I didn’t detect any kind of problems:
- I was able to install and configure the adapter on a BizTalk Server 2013 running in a Windows Server 2012 with SQL Server 2012:
- And I was able to create a new receive location and specify a scheduler to run the XmlStringStreamProvider to send an XML message every one hour
I have not done all the tests possible, but I can say that the bases features tested in the latest version of this adapter are fully compatible with BizTalk Server 2013.
If you found any problem running this version in BizTalk Server 2013 or 2010, feel free to email me with your problem or add a comment.