Finally a new BizTalk Server book it’s available and just in time for my vacations! No I will not work during my vacations but unlike the Caribbean where we can eat and then jump right away into the water, or eat in the water, here in Europe we have to wait approximately 3 hours, depending on how much food you eat. So in that period I like to read a book and I usually take with me at least one technical book and this year will be: SOA Patterns with BizTalk Server 2013 and Microsoft Azure (Second Edition)
I like to be on the beach scratching technical books with notes and ideas
This time I will not make any review on this book because I was pleased to be part of this project as a technical reviewer, so everything I can say may be suspect… and I take this opportunity to thank the authors (Richard Seroter, Mark Brimble, Johann Cooper, Colin Dijkgraaf, Mahindra Morar) for the invitation.
The book will address and will explain to you how to create and implement SOA strategies on the Microsoft technology stack using BizTalk Server 2013 and Azure Integration platforms
- Understand how to implement SOA with BizTalk Server and the Azure platform
- Consume and expose WCF services effectively via the use of Service Bus Relays and RESTful services
- Implement effective schema design, including an introduction to various schema design patterns
- Exploit various message exchange/endpoint patterns including request-response, fire and forget, and client callbacks
- Leverage orchestration design patterns that maximize flexibility and reuse
- Future-proof your BizTalk Server artifacts using well thought out versioning strategies
- Build loosely-coupled BizTalk applications using the ESB Toolkit
- Take a peek at API Apps, Logic Apps, and Azure API Management
- And best of luck for those who are preparing to take this certification.
See Steef-Jan review about the book here and I hope you enjoy reading it. I know I will!